Julia Soukup is the breeder, owner, handler of her JLS Dalmatians. A dog lover her entire life made showing dogs the perfect hobby, and breeding her own line of dogs became her passion. "They are not just dogs but also my family. I am proud of them and we share a bond that is so much beyond just time in a ring. They are my family and best friends."
"I love them with my whole heart."
Julia is currently a member of an AKC All-Breed club as well as two Regional Breed clubs and the Dalmatian Club of America, the National parent club for Dalmatians in the United States.
I have loved dogs my entire life and have been very active in the dog show world for the past 29 years. I bred, owned, handled my own dog to be the Number 1 Dalmatian in the US for 2002, an accomplishment that is a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you to all for seeing how special my beloved Newt really was. I was so blessed. I learned alot. I had a lot of fun. My best boy, best friend, companion -- we did it all together. Priceless....
Aspiring AKC Judge
Julia is an aspiring judge and has met all the requirements except for turning in her application and getting approved by the AKC. She has judged multiple sweepstakes assignments, has breed over 34 Champions, has helped with her clubs and the community. The most noteworthy judging assignment being Sweepstakes at the 2013 Dalmatian Club of America National Specialty with an entry of 141. What an honor to be voted to judge by the entire membership. It was a THRILL! I loved them all!
Here are photos of my Best Jr and a few of my other class winners from the 2013 National Specialty. Thank you all who entered to me. You can't make everyone happy but you can give each dog equal consideration on that day.
My Kennel Name - JLS Dalmatians
JLS is the name that I chose to distinguish the Dalmatians of my ownership and/or breeding. It's my trademark so people know where the Dalmatian came from. Many times other breeders/show exhibitors recognize each other's dogs before even seeing the registered name but if in doubt this information is printed in the show catalog.
I do like my pet/companion dogs to also have JLS as the prefix to their registered name. I am proud of all of my dogs and owners.
My Dalmatians are house companions and are considered my children. I strive to breed sound,healthy Dalmatians with good stable outgoing temperaments that will make lovely companions. After that is achieved, I hope for some really great specimens of the breed which I hope will compete in conformation, obedience,performance as well serve in Therapy and community service roles.
- Development Committee Chairperson for the Dalmatian Club of America Foundation, Inc. from 2005 to 2014.
- Vice President & Board Member- Heartland Dalmatian Club of Greater Kansas City
- Newsletter Editor - Dalmatian Organization of Tulsa
- Conformation Co-Chair - Salina Kennel Club
- Public Education Coordinator - Salina Kennel Club
- President - Salina Kennel Club
- Board Member & Paw Print Editor for Salina Kennel Club
- Conformation Chairperson for Salina Kennel Club
- Founder of the Annual Dog Day at the Mall event - Salina Kennel Club
- Trophy Chairman - Salina Kennel Club
- Therapy Dog visits to Bethany Home Nursing Home
- Board Member of the Dalmatian Club of America Foundation, Inc.
- Dalmatian Club of America Health Study Groups for Urinary Stones and Juvenile Renal Failure (2014 ~ current)
- Development Committee member for the Dalmatian Club of America Foundation, Inc. (2005 - current)
- Webmaster- Heartland Dalmatian Club of Greater Kansas City
- Dalmatian Club of America Judges Education Mentor